First



May 21-22
May 12th,  our daughter and I had the honor of accompanying our daughter in law, as the guest of her mother, a US Congressman's wife, to the Congressional Club's luncheon honoring the First Lady. It was a lovely affair and Michelle Obama was most gracious in her comments.
In my younger years, I can remember thinking it would be fun to be a princess or the child of a president.  Interestingly enough, I never wanted to be queen or First Lady, for I guess deep down inside I knew the huge responsibility which came with that.  Your time is not your own.  You are in service.  Plush service yes, but still you have a whole world watching your every move.

While holding the position of Head of School at a small private school, my husband doesn't see himself as first or top dog. Lower school PE teacher is something that he has added to his plate, feeling this allows him the opportunity to get to know these children better.  One of the lessons he teaches them is Matthew 20:16.
"So the last will be first, and the first will be last."

When children run and push and shove to be first in line, he waits until they are positioned from the fiasco and then walks to the back of the line and has everyone turn around reversing the order.  The last person in line, becomes the first! I love it!

Another great Bible lesson on the effect of first comes in 1 John 4:19.

"We love because he first loved us." 

Who is God calling you to love this weekend?

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?