It Makes Sense to Have Longings

This one longs to be a princess or a bride.
January 14
One of my Sunday morning greeter questions this month was "What is something new you are longing for this new year, something you want to learn, something you want to see, etc?"  A very pregnant woman said, "This baby!!!"  A young teen said, "Our vacation this year."  A sweet five year old boy was longing to learn to tie his shoes.

Stepping out of the shower, my best alone with Jesus place, I thought "What am I longing for?"
I"ve had six babies, some great vacations and I know how to tie my shoes.  My greatest longings at this age are to know Jesus more and for those I love to desire Him in the same way.

God created us with a longing.  What we are sometimes slow to figure out is that longing is for Him.

"In heaven I have only you, and on this earth you are all I want."  Psalm 73:25

Now there's a thought.  In heaven we will long no more, but have total fulfillment.

"Throughout the night, my heart searches for you, because your decisions show everyone on this earth how to live right."  Isaiah 26:9

Whew!  Done that a lot over the years!

"In my heart, I am thirsty for you, the living God.  When will I see your face? Psalm 42:2

God knows the answer to that for each of us.  It will be amazing!!!!

Father, God of all creation, we long to see Your face.  While we linger here on earth, we long for You to show us which earthly path to take towards right living that brings You glory.  When temptation or discontentment tries to creep in, bring Psalm 73:25 to remembrance and set our minds on You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?