Strength

Our grandson showing off his strength!

We were blessed to have a young Romanian couple, who were students at Liberty University, as our praise and worship leaders for a year and a half.  The summer before they headed back to Romania to serve in her father's church, they lived with us. We love these two as we love our own children. Knowing they are only hours from the Ukrainian border and that the taste of communism is fresh in their grandparents' minds we gathered a group at church Sunday morning and Facetimed them to pray.  They asked that we specifically be praying for a friend who was bringing 100 Ukrainians across the border today and tomorrow and working to find housing for these women and children.  Males 16 and older cannot leave the country, but must stay to help with the fight against Russia.

Last week I'd been searching for verses on strength for various reasons and found this website.

https://www.countryliving.com/life/g31990757/bible-verses-about-strength/

Here are the verses found on the site.  I hope these encourage you and you can pass them on to others to encourage them. Select some verses to combine into powerful prayers of praise.   

May we remember to pray for the missionaries in the Ukraine who have chosen to stay and stand in the strength of Christ. 

 “May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had.”    Romans 15:5


"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” Proverbs 31:25

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”  Thessalonians 5:11

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  John 16:33

“I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.”
Psalm 121:1-2

"Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”  Nehemiah 8:10

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

"The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him— my father’s God, and I will exalt him.”  Exodus 15:2

"Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.”  Isaiah 12:2

"He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.”  Isaiah 40:29

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.”  1 Peter 5:10

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:26

"I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”  Philippians 4:13

"That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”  2 Corinthians 12:10

"But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.”  2 Thessalonians 3:3

"Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.” 1 Chronicles 16:11

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.”  1 Corinthians 16:13

"The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.”  Habakkuk 3:19

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.”  Ephesians 6:10

"The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.”  Psalm 29:11
I don't tell both names and tales, but this 13 year old is strong!

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

"The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?”  
Psalm 27:!

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”  Isaiah 40:31

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.” Psalm 46:1-3

The Song

The Battle Belongs to the Lord" Phil Wickham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtvQNzPHn-w

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?