What Does That Mean


Quite often I will see a television commercial and turn to my husband and say, "What does that mean?  I don't understand or even comprehend what product the ad was touting.

Two sports figures made dumbfounding quotes that we get a chuckle out of repeating.

"There's going to be some property torn up tonight!" Kirby Smart (Football Coach GA after national championship victory.) 

"The ceiling is the roof."  Michael Jordon (Addressing a UNC crowd at a basketball game. Hmm?  Did he mean the sky's the limit?)

With Easter approaching I find myself hanging out in the gospels and see Jesus' disciples pondering, "What does he mean?"

During His Farewell Discourse in John 16:16-19 Jesus sounds like a magician as he is trying to drive home the confusing point.."You will see me, then you won't see me, then you will see me again."

"A little while, and you will see me no longer; and again a little while, and you will see me.”  So some of his disciples said to one another, “What is this that he says to us, ‘A little while, and you will not see me, and again a little while, and you will see me’; and, ‘because I am going to the Father’?”  So they were saying, “What does he mean by ‘a little while’? We do not know what he is talking about.”

As 1st Century Jews, Peter, James and John most assuredly believe in the resurrection of human bodies (but at the end of time), as they would have heard these teachings.  

Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead. Isaiah 26:19

Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I will open your graves and raise you from your graves, O my people. And I will bring you into the land of Israel.     Ezekiel 37:12, 14

Their expectations for a political ruler have captivated their minds and they haven't grasped a present time resurrection for our sins is going to take place.

Aren't we right there with them at times?  We are confused by something in Scripture.  Certain parables or puzzling questions from Jesus have had me literally shaking my head trying to grasp the lesson.  I want to say..."Just tell me."  But our limited minds can't comprehend what He is calling us to at times, because He wants us to dig deeply.  That's when we call on the Holy Spirit to interpret for us, to strengthen us, to increase the faith in us and bring us into a  more intimate relationship with the One who loves us like no other.

God Is Not the Author of Confusion, but of Peace.

1 Corinthians 14:33

Don't Miss these songs. "The Commission" video will have more meaning if you've seen "The Chosen"

The Songs

The Commission” CAIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APATH3ea-D0


Peace in Christ McKenna Hinson and Nik Day                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w56QNV---10



 



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?