Back to School Tubing



 



Here is the prayer I sent or prayed over our grandchildren starting school today.  May it be a blessing to your offspring as well.

God, thank You that my grandchildren are physically, mentally and emotionally able to go to school and that their parents can finally supply them with clothing and school materials.  Please make them aware of Your presence that goes with them wherever they go.

Empower them with the courage to face new challenges and give them the ability to have friends who enhance their lives and the ability for them to be a blessing to teachers and students alike.

Fill them with joy each day and may they remember You have given them angels to watch over them every step they take and also a grandmother who prays without ceasing for them.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

Many of our grandchildren started back to school today. They attend private, public and Christian schools. Bright Radio FM in Maryland posted these back to school prayers to speak over children during their school day.

  1. A Prayer For Courage: 

    Dear God, as my child walks into school, I pray that Your strength and peace will cover them each and every day. Remind them they can turn to You when they feel scared or discouraged, and You will give them exactly what they need. I humbly ask that You will remind them that they don’t have to do this life alone because You are always with them. No matter what obstacles come their way, I pray they will find strength and courage in You alone.

    “This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
  1. A Prayer For Kindness:

    Please empower and remind my child to be kind to every single person they encounter at school. Lord, please clothe them with Your mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience so they will glorify You. I pray they will show kindness to their classmates and the staff. If a time comes when kindness is not shown to them, may they feel Your presence all around them enabling them to be a light for You even when it is difficult.

    “Since God chose you to be the holy people He loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.” (Colossians 3:12-14)
  1. A Prayer For Protection

    Lord, I humbly ask You to protect each and every child, including my own, as they go to school every day. I won’t be there to protect them, but I have peace knowing You are their refuge and ultimate protector. Therefore, I ask that their emotional, spiritual, mental, and physical health will be guarded and protected by Your mighty hand. Thank You for caring for them.

    “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)

    “For the angel of the Lord is a guard; He surrounds and defends all who fear Him.” (Psalm 34:7)
  1. A Prayer For Resilience

    School isn’t always easy. You know this, God, but I praise You for You are an ever-present help in times of hardship. I am asking You to pour out Your strength and reminders of Your peace and power on my child each day. When they face a hard subject, have a problem with friends, get in trouble, or simply feel fatigued from school in general, I ask that You will uphold them with Your mighty hand and restore them. Please encourage them when times are tough. I pray they are able to rest well when they return home from school and that You will restore them for the next day. You are our sustainer; please sustain my child. Thank You, Jesus.

    “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.” (Psalm 46:1)

  1. A Prayer For Joy

    Thank You, Father, that my child gets to learn each and every day. As they go about their lessons and classes, I pray that You will provide them with endless happy moments and memories they can look back on when they get older. May my child wake up and be joyful about school. Please give them heavenly, lasting joy and encouragement as they grow and learn. Finally, I pray the joy they have will be evident to all and their joy will point others to Your goodness.

    “I pray that God, the Source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

The Song
"Getting Started" Jeremy Camp

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Fill Us Up

Toe Sucking