Worship Through It

 


One of our sons has a teenage daughter who is a passionate surfer.  She has had the privilege to go to Costa Rica and take lessons from a wonderful Christian coach.  (And enjoy some HUGE waves while there.)  It is in a very remote, third world type setting, so our son went on this trip with her and even said he would take some lessons. 

Upon their return he called to tell me he quit on the second day. He said, "Mom, my nipples where bleeding from the sand, salt and rubbing on the board, as I got slammed trying to paddle out and power through waves taller than me.  My abs were killing me and I thought, 'Why am I doing this?'"  We agreed it's called pride...if my tiny little daughter can do this certainly I can. Fortunately, he quickly realized just being there, cheering her on, was just fine.

What are you up against?

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Acts 25:16

My husband sat in a hospital waiting room with a family as they awaited the doctor to come and take the mother off a ventilator and let her go to see Jesus.  It was a tough day and while praying on this side of the grief I kept praise and worship music on all afternoon to soothe my soul.

Psalm 34:1-4 

I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.
I will glory in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together.
I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

The Song

“Worship Through It” Tasha Layton & Chris Brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBw1ZmBi7ZI

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Fill Us Up

Toe Sucking