Belly up to the Bar

March 25
Talking to a dear friend from out of town the other day, I felt like a bearded sailor bellying up to a bar in a familiar seaport ready to pour out his heart to a trusty bartender and find approval and encouragement. Within hours I read a devotional relating to the fact that the only affirmation we need to seek is God's.
Throughout the day I felt like a wobbling child learning to ride a two wheeler for the first time. God was keeping my mental thoughts on course by saying, "Stop looking to the left and right. If you concentrate on what is going on in those places, you will miss the mighty thing I am going to do...look straight ahead at me. Do not miss what I am up to! The only approval you should seek is mine."

Whew, each time He shared that I would get discouraged knowing it was a much needed reprimanded. This early morning on Biblegateway I came across a load releaser in the verse for the day:

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”- 1 John 1:9

Our God is so loving. Like a tutor who is thrilled when a student grasps a concept he has struggled with, God rejoices and showers us with affirmation when we confess our sins, learn another of Christ's many lessons, and shine brighter for Him through the process.

We can belly up to the bar or fall flat on our face with Jesus.
He will listen and love on us free of charge! He has already paid our tab!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?