Filled with the Spirit

March 22

Ah, but this English language is confusing. Checking out the definitions for spirit you will come across everything from alcohol, angels, demons, the person of the Holy Spirit, an individual's soul which is separate from the body, right down to moods. Also, spirits of ammonia, the spirit of division, a free spirit, etc.

Saturday, I was trying to remove some stains in our little laundry room. Clorox was my first weapon of choice and when that didn't work I tried a large amount of Whink. Before I realized what was happening my throat was burning and I was wheezing. Calling for my husband, he ushered me outside. We called the doctor and it took almost 24 hours for the side effects to leave. The doctor said, "Mix nothing with Clorox!"
The invisible fumes consumed my body and changed me.
The Holy Spirit has the power to do that in us as well!

Lord, we give thanks to You for knowing all our needs and giving us a Helper.
May we be quick to silence ourselves and seek His ways. In Jesus' Name, Amen
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?