Removal

March 1

Saturday was designated a clean up day at our home. My goal was to conquer our family room from top to bottom. First I needed to pack up the Valentine and Snowman decorations. (We certainly don't need any more snow!) Somehow I veered off track and ended up in our hallway closet, which houses medical supplies. Whew, how time flies...I found expiration dates all the way back to 1997.

Also, there were several products related to removal..wart remover, an ear wax removal kit, Bore skin strips to remove blackheads, finger polish remover, Chigger rid, a link roller, and floss to remove gunk from in between your teeth. The standard pain relief meds were in there as well. Removal, removal, removal continued to echo in my mind. I began to think of the products or projects God uses to remove sin from my life.
Asking Him to do a thorough inspection right there I had to smile as I looked on the shelf and saw a product called "Nuskin". (That comes in handy for harpist who pluck the skin right off their fingers harping!) Whenever God directs us to remove sin from our live, He replenishes us with "newness".
Isaiah 43:19
See, I am doing a new thing.

A few weeks ago it was necessary for my dermatologist to freeze some questionable spots on my body. The process stung! Then the places turned red and swelled up looking awful. Eventually, they fell away and the skin is smooth now. Allowing Jesus to take the sin from our lives can be painful, but His love and forgiveness are like a soothing aloe balm which leaves us looking and living so much better!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?