What is He Doing?

October 25

Chatting with a friend, I so related when she said, "I want to do whatever the Lord wants, but I don't know what He is doing."
A week ago I joined a Spiritual Formation Group, which is basically a spiritual growth accountability to group. God has knocked my socks off already with confirmations this week. My assignment was to put on the armor of God (Eph.6:10-17). List the different pieces of armor and ask the Spirit which one you need most at this time. When the answer comes, ask the Spirit to add this piece to your array of virtues so that you can withstand the devil's attacks. I thought the piece I needed most was the shield of faith, with which to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one, but what I really needed was to stand firm with the belt of truth buckled around my waist and recognize deception and then pray in the Spirit.
I told this friend that I thought I knew what God was up to, but I was totally off target and I almost missed going with him where He wanted to me to go and work. I used to have a Christian t-shirt which had fish on the front and said, "Go with the flow."

Let's Pray:
Oh Father, you keep the tables of time and place the path which we are to take before us. Blessed be Your name! Thank You for the way the Spirit nudges us and forgive us for the times we walk away from or ignore the nudging. As I am praying now, You are saying Lord, "Keep in contact. Keep in contact with Me. I am the way the truth and the life." (John 14:6) May our faithfulness result in reasons for rejoicing in heaven today! In Jesus' Name, Amen

“Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”- Ephesians 5:19-20

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?