The Mind

January 24
The mind is an amazing thing!  The other night I dreamed about pirates (actually, a reference had been made in a Bible Study I am doing to pirates) and as they were attacking our ship, I was hiding my wedding ring so they would not steal it.  In the morning I awakened and realized I did not have my wedding ring on. While preparing dinner the night before, I had taken the ring off and in the middle of the night my mind recognized this void and turned that into a dream about pirates!  Pretty amazing!

This realization set me off on a scriptural study of the word mind.  Woot!  The Bible states we can be out of our minds, double minded, like minded, of 1 mind, and we can have depraved, troubled, poisoned, peaceful, changed or renewed minds.  The recommended advice is to set our minds on Christ and remember  God knows our minds!

Now there's a lot to think about!  :-)

The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.
Romans 8:6

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had.  Romans 15:5

Set your minds on things above not on earthly things.  
Colossians 3:2

Day #18 of Praise
Moses, our bulldog, is barking at me. My hands are lifted high, I am singing out loud and clapping.
The angels around Shiloh are dancing!  Praise doesn't get much better than this.
Below are two links to 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman
The first one is powerful. It is done in black and white, with these young musicians singing their hearts out to the Lord. There are not lyrics to follow though, so if you don't know the words you may want option two, because you are going to want to sing along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtwIT8JjddM

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?