My White Bird is Back!!


January 17th
Just in time for today's snow, my Holy Spirit bird is back!!!!  If you recall reading about this "dove" (actually a sea gull) in years past you may remember, one year after seeing him for several days, the rest of the Trinity showed up and there were three of them who would fly back and forth in the cove. The Father and Son have not arrived yet, this year.  I am struggling to recover from a broken toe and still cannot get anything comfortably on my feet with the exception of slippers and flip flops, but hopefully I can squeeze into my snow boots this afternoon or tomorrow and capture a picture if the bird appears soaring in the forecasted snow.

Just like the first time he appeared, I was in prayer mode yesterday seeking the Lord. My pondering was the topic of how to best pray for someone and l Iooked out our bedroom window and there he was!!!!  A reminder to me that when we do not know what to pray, the Spirit will intercede on our behalf!

When I think about this sign of peace, love, hope and comfort which this bird represents in my life the words of God to Jacob (by then named Israel) come to mind.  So I want to speak (type) them over you as a reminder to each of you of how much God loves you and does not want you to be afraid or dismayed.

God says to you,  "My child, do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

A God given mentor of mine, whom I met through writing Boojoyful, read this and responded with Psalm 86:17
Give me a sign of your goodness,
that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, 
for you, Lord have helped me and comforted me.

Ah, the gift goes on!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?