Emotional Wives


This little one will be a big brother soon.
March 6
I’ve shared what a basket case I was for two months while going through the process of my husband being called to be a full time campus pastor at our church. Several times I told him I was not cut out for this. One time God replied, “I know you’re not. That’s why you will have to rely on Me.”  Good words and a much needed reminder.

Well, the section of Stormie Omarian prayers we are in now for the wife are titled “Her Emotions.”  It’s just what I needed to hear my husband praying for me.

The day of the church vote we were traveling to Charlottesville to baby sit for the day. I was an emotional mess!  Fear had a hold of me. My husband finally pulled off the road and said, “Boo, I am nauseous.  These feelings you are having are not from the Lord, we need to pray.”
I’m thankful for his wisdom.  And that was before he had received this little book and this perfect prayer!

"Lord, I am so grateful that You have made my wife to be a woman of deep thoughts and feelings. I know that You have intended this for good, but I also know that the enemy of her soul will try to use it for evil. Help me to discern when he is doing that and enable me to pray accordingly.  Protect her from the author of lies and help her to cast down ‘every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.’ (2 Corinthians 10:5) 
In Jesus’ name I pray."

“Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it springs the issue of life.”  Proverbs 4:23

Going to my first Women's Ministry meeting as a pastor's wife, again I became quite nervous. The prayer:

"Lord, give my wife discernment today about what she receives into her mind.  I pray she will quickly identify lies about herself, her life, or her future.  Help her to recognize when there is a battle going on in her mind and to be aware of the enemy’s tactics.  Remind her to stick to Your battle plan and rely on the sword of the Spirit, which is Your Word (Ephesians 6:17)  Keep me aware of when my wife is struggling, so I can talk openly with her about what is on her mind and in her heart.  Enable us to communicate clearly so that we don’t allow the enemy to enter in with confusion or misinterpretation. In Jesus’ name I pray."

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
Romans 12:2

Ha, he’s probably needed to pray this one for 40 years!
“Lord, help me not to react inappropriately or withdraw from my wife emotionally when I don’t understand her. Give me patience and sensitivity, and may prayer be my first reaction to her emotions and not a last resort.  Although I’m aware that I cannot meet my wife’s every emotional need, I know that You can. I am not trying to absolved myself from meeting any of her needs, but I know that some of them are intended to be met only by You. I pray that you would fill her with Your peace and joy today. In Jesus’ name I pray.”

“The Lord redeems the soul of His servants, and none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.”  Psalm 34:22

“Lord, I pray that when certain negative emotions threaten her happiness, You will be the first one my wife runs to, because only You can deliver her from them. Help her to hide herself in ‘the secret place of Your presence’ (Psalm 31:20) I pray that You would restore her soul (Psalm 23:3), heal her brokenheartedness, and bind up her wounds (Psalm 147:3)  Make her to be secure in Your love and mine.  Take away all fear, doubt, and discouragement, and give her clarity, joy and peace.  
Help her to be quick to call on Your mighty name. In Jesus’ name, I pray.

“The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.”  
Proverbs 18:10

Female Friends. Print this off and hand them off to someone near and dear to you to be praying for you!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?