What Are You Pouring


March 14

One of the funniest church lady conversations convened recently in our church lobby.
If there were eavesdroppers in the crowd they were greatly entertained.  The ladies were talking about needing their coffee. I explained I'd never had a cup.  One lady said, "I drink all the time!" I chuckled wondering if she meant coffee. Then the other lady said, "I carry a flask!"  The mouths of both lady #1 and myself dropped open.  "Do you have coffee in it?" She shook her head, "No."  "Whiskey?"
"No, olive oil."  "OLIVE OIL," we exclaimed. Then lady number one questions, "Is it for lubrication?"

Oh, my!  And this is the pastor's wife they are talking to.  She explained that olive oil is good for your brain and she takes two swigs a day.  "The flask fits perfectly in my purse," she went on to add.  We met later in the week, so I could get a picture of this flask. I didn't want her pulling it out in the church lobby!

Yesterday, I read Matthew 26:6-8 .
"Now when Jesus was at Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, a woman came up to him with an alabaster flask of very expensive ointment, and she poured it on his head as he reclined at table. And when the disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying, 'Why this waste?'"

This woman was literally pouring out her love upon Jesus.  He was worth everything to her.

What is pouring out of our lives?


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?