Hills and Valleys

This friend is our grandson's godfather.
March 25
I've mentioned we have close friends and the husband is facing a big health battle.  He's one of those friends who is ALWAYS there for you. Two years ago in April, I had the amazing privilege of praying with this gentleman to receive Christ.  Here come the tears.  It was one of my life's most humbling unexpected blessings.
His spiritual growth and love for the Lord have increased daily. Now he's the one who doesn't leave my presence without praying for me. (An email from him actually just dinged in as I'm typing!)

In my journal a couple weeks ago was Philippians 4:4. This friend's name could have been right there in the margin, for this is the attitude with which he is living.

"Always be glad because of the Lord! I will say it again: Be glad."

The passage goes on to say:
 "Always be gentle with others. The Lord will soon be here. Don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel."

As I was praying for he and his wife the other day this song came on.
The song is Hills and Valleys by Tauren Wells

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?