Come to the Table

Have you ever been at a dinner table where someone got ticked off, pushed away from the table, and storming off ended the enjoyment of what the meal was to be? The devil digs into some of our most intimate times and wreaks distraction from what God intended the time to be.

Busyness is a tactical tool of the devil. Louie Giglio says, "We are invited to a table with the King and we don't even have time to sit down."

Growing up I was blessed to be part of a family where dinner time was an expectation, a steadfast requirement of each day. We had assigned seats at the table, my father always served the plates and everyone sat through the entire meal until we were excused.  Being the youngest child, I watched my oldest brother 13 years older leave first, then my brother 9 years older, and finally my sister who is 7 years older.  By that time, my mother's alcoholism often kept her from the table and it was only my sweet daddy and myself, but we still ate together. Returning home as an adult, a small TV took it's place on our dining room table, so my daddy could have the news to keep him company while he ate.

Our heavenly Father has a banquet awaiting us whenever we want to come to his table and eat with him. In his Bible study,  "Don't Give the Enemy a Seat at Your Table"  Louie Giglio teaches on how Satan wants to distract us from that intimacy with our Father.

Here is a 51 minute teaching from Giglio's book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mLgS63cObI

The Song  (I know we've done this one before, but it's perfect.)

"Come to the Table" Sidewalk Prophets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXXxLwxfo0U

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. John 6:37


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?