Down to the River

 


Baptism certainly doesn't secure your salvation. Jesus did that on the cross. But this past Sunday, 66 people from our church chose to tell the world they are thankful Jesus died for their sins by participating in a public baptism at Smith Mt Lake.  

I just love a reason to shout hallelujah!  In a world that taunts us with heartache and discouragement every time we pick up our phones or turn on the TV, it's such a delight to have a reason to rejoice.

I was baptized as an infant in the denomination my parents raised me, but that was their choice for me, not mine. I  loved growing up in the church,  but years later  as an adult I chose to make a public profession of my faith by immersion. The waters here at Shiloh are always open and my husband on hand to baptize anyone feeling the Lord calling them to identify with Christ in this way.

Peter said to them, “Turn to God and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.         Acts 2:38

While everyone else was being baptized, Jesus himself was baptized. Then as he prayed, the sky opened up, and the Holy Spirit came down upon him in the form of a dove. A voice from heaven said, “You are my own dear Son, and I am pleased with you.”   Luke 3;21-22


The Song
"Going Down to River" by Jordan Feliz

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?