The Widows Luncheon

 





For the past couple months one of the connect groups I am in at our church has been working to put together a luncheon to honor widows in our community and it was held yesterday. This is an idea the Lord put on my heart several months ago.  I do not want to ever be a widow and I have enormous respect and compassion for anyone who has to walk though life without a beloved spouse.

When I had the opportunity to share a few thoughts with these lovely ladies I asked them to just down four things on sticky notes to take home along with the verses below.
#1 The name of someone who has walked beside you in a time of grief.
#2 Name a fear you have had to turn over to God.
#3 List your favorite alone spot for quiet time with God.
#4 Name a person God may be calling you to encourage.

Then I asked then to look at their page of sticky notes and remember God is still at work in their lives and there is...

Someone to thank God for placing in your life.

Some fear to turn over to God.

Somewhere you can go and be with God.

Someone God can use you to encourage.


If you were not able to join us this year, we hope to do this again.


Verses that Encourage

The Lord watches over the strangers; He relieves the fatherless and widow.  Psalm 146:9

Please don't tell me to leave you and return home! 

I will go where you go, 

        I will live where you live; your people will be my people, 

your God will be my God. 

Ruth 1:16


The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 

Lamentations 3:22-23



     ... fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; 

I will strengthen you, I will help you, 

           I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  

       Isaiah 41:10


Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. James 4:8



In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.  

Psalm 5:3


of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we any be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort which we ourselves are comforted by God. 

2 Corinthians 1:2-4


See I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making  way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.  

Isaiah 43:19


In peace I will both lie down and sleep; 

for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.”  

Psalm 4:8



“The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, 

and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song  I give thanks to him.” 

Psalm 28:7 


SONGS
On the Harp with Bettyashton Andrews Mayo

Tell Your Heart to Beat Again by Danny Gokey

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUvoKgpeSyA


Sung by Selah Wright

God is in this Story  by Katy Nicole

God I Look to You 

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEubLmNPxwg 


"Not For a Moment”  by Meredith Andrews

Fun Videos

Love God Love People- Danny Gokey

Smile- Sidewalk Prophets

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?