Weapons that Disarm

God equipped David with a bag of stones, but all it took was one and God's favor to slay that giant!  

On Day 44 in Lysa TerKeurst book You're Going to Make It, she suggests some fabulous verbal combat weapons for when words of criticism are slung at you!

"Get curious, not furious. Sometimes asking questions instead of immediately trying to defend myself helps me stay more calm. Questions like, 'Would you help me understand why this is bothering you so much?' or 'Thank you for caring about me enough to bring this to my attention.  What are you hoping, I do with this information?"

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1

Lysa also states,"Our words are a direct reflection of our hearts.  And your heart is much too beautiful of a place to be filled with harsh, critical, demanding, or unhealed perspectives."  

I've had to battle this tendency as I deal with chronic pain. It makes me grumpy and definitely more critical.  Help me Jesus!

The Song

“My Feet Are on the Rock” I am They (This is a great get up and go Monday song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYiHiJTN6Y

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?