Connection

January 8

We are having a nine week computer course at school and getting all the lap tops plugged in and charge each day is a feat. The proficiency with which those lap tops works depends not only on the fact they are juiced up, but also it necessitates a good wireless connection.
Connected is defined: joined or linked together.

Our spiritual lives are not so very different from the functioning ability of the computers. We need to be plugged into the Word...getting our "juice" or "fuel" and then we need to stay connected to the Holy Spirit to comprehend how He is leading.

John chapter 8 gets pretty blunt and has Jesus speaking about
"Children of the devil."

I was reading an article by Anne Coulter, which my husband sent me, related to Britt Hume's suggestion that Tiger Woods try Christianity to get back on track.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=35103

This verse jumped out at me as I thought about several situations I have witness lately where people are arguing about spiritual things.
How is it you do not understand me when I speak?
It is because you cannot bear to listen to my words.
John 8:43.)

And why is it people would have a problem listening to Jesus' words?
They don't know Him. I will save you some page flipping and post the entire passage.

The Children of the Devil
42Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. 43Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? 47He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

Let's Pray:
Lord, you are the Author of Truth! You do not lie. We stop today to pray for people who do not understand our faith, for those who persecute us. Give us hearts which have compassion for the lost. Keep us connected to Your Word and Your Ways, not only for our own daily survival, but so that we might have a greater impact on Your kingdom by living in a way which attracts others to You. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?