Same Ole, Same Ole

January 19
With yesterday being a school holiday, today is like a Monday. Before my eyes even opened a sense of dread for the longevity of the week set in. The feeling of facing the "same ole, same ole" things which work brings hung over me like a cloud. Yesterday, I told my husband I just couldn't shake a sense of oppression. Then we looked at what had surrounded our weekend...the news reports from Haiti, a trip to the urgent care for a knee injury my husband incurred on Thursday, mounting repair expenses on household items, huge financial needs for both Christian schools we are involved in and a phone call informed us the sons of two families we know who were great friends had gotten in a fight and one killed the other. Ugh, that is a load.
But praise the Lord His mercies are new every morning. Soon a gorgeous sunrise will break through the darkness and I will walk into a building and twenty-two bubbly students will enter in, full of hope for their futures. They will be excited about teeth which have fallen out over the weekend, new shoes on their feet or a new hair cut on their head. Joy will fill the air with their incessant chatter and we will start off our day singing praise and working towards our goal of making 550 Valentines to put our in our community in February!

Yes, we made be headed to the same ole, same ole places today, but God is doing something new at each location and has placed each of us there with a purpose.
Whether a cancer center, a nursing home, a funeral home or the opposite end of the spectrum at an Ob's office or a day care center God is there and wants the light of Christ to shine in those places. Your job may take you past twenty cubicles or up twenty floors of a high rise building and unbeknown to you right now you will be needed to spread a little joy, spread a little hope, love a little like Jesus!

Yes, even in the "same ole, same ole" He is always doing a new thing. I am ready to shake off the winter willies and get on with life!
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. Psalm 40:3


I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17


PS. My husband forwarded me an article yesterday which showed statistically the most depressed day of the year for people was yesterday.It is called "Blue Monday". The article encouraged employers to be really kind to their employees and help them through this time! Seeing how my boss is my husband, I will have to say, he did an excellent job of helping me through a very blue day!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?