Grumble to God

January 21

NO WAY! Have you heard the younger generation bolster out this response when they are amazed by a friend's comment? This morning I was "No waying" God. People often ask how I've come up with something to write everyday for ten years. The answer is simple...I pray and God provides. A couple days ago God had given me the title
"Grumble to God" concerning a specific incident which I will share about in a bit.
I set it aside not feeling led to use it yet. This morning God gave me the word
"glory" and when I searched "glory" on Biblegateway, "grumble" joined in on the first verse which popped up! "No, way!" you say. "Yes, way!" Check it out!

Exodus 16:6-8

6 So Moses and Aaron said to all the Israelites, "In the evening you will know that it was the LORD who brought you out of Egypt, 7 and in the morning you will see the glory of the LORD, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we, that you should grumble against us?" 8 Moses also said, "You will know that it was the LORD when he gives you meat to eat in the evening and all the bread you want in the morning, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we? You are not grumbling against us, but against the LORD.

So on to my stories, praising the Lord for how He shows up time and time again.
One day last week, I grumbled to a friend about what was on the agenda for the weekend ahead. Innocently, she repeated the grumble to spouse who confronted me with it (in a very kind way) when he arrived home. Immediately, my lesson was learned and confirmed in Exodus I might add...when you need to grumble, grumble to God!
The glory subject arrived in the very early hours of sunrise yesterday. Looking out my bathroom window it appeared there were a couple clouds right down against the water beside our boat house. A closer observation showed it was the reflection of the morning sky on the water! I was "wowed"! Presently, I am reading a book called "When Heaven Invades Earth". The sight before me was as if the heavens had come down and met the earth!

In the Exodus passage Moses and Aaron tell the Israelites they will KNOW it was the Lord who led them out of Egypt and likewise, each morning when God provides a simple word or a message and lays it upon my heart....I know it is Him! How blessed we are to have a God who loves us enough to listen to our grumbling and He keeps on loving!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?