Corduroy Works

January 5th
I am laughing at the quote which just came out of my husband's mouth this chilly January morning. "Corduroy works." His office at one of the schools where he is Head Master is in an old building with lots of windows and very little heat! He has to layer up in t-shirts, cashmere, a scarf and his corduroy pants!
The second he exclaimed his profound quote I thought of my own...
"Jesus works!"
He worked a miracle to provide an eternal home for us and He works constantly on our hearts to get us to where we need to be!

God is always up to good, he just has to take us on unique routes at times to get us to where he wants us! The word He put on my heart this morning to share was plumage.
"Now what are you going to do with that one Father." Whew, am I ever thankful I followed His lead willingly!
Plumage wasn't the word at all, but my inquisitiveness over "plumage" is what took me to the online dictionary and for the first time ever I noticed Merriam Webster's "Word of the Day" section. There was what the Lord wanted to teach me.
Myrmidon • \MER-muh-dahn\ • noun
: a loyal follower; especially : a subordinate who executes orders unquestioningly or unscrupulously.

The information went on to give some historic background and explained that the word has evolved into a usage which is less than complimentary now days. We are called to be myrmidons of Christ, but our faithful, unquestioning, following is often looked upon as a weakness by the world.

Jesus instructed in John 8:12, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Let's Pray: Oh, Great Light of the World, fill up my soul, come make me whole...wholly Yours! May we know You so well that we thrill to follow wherever You lead. Make me a myrmidon today! In Jesus' name, Amen

See Bebo Norman's lyrics on sidebar for "O Great Light of the World"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?