SOS

January 6
Saying my good mornings to my husband I inquired,
"What do you have on for today?"
His reply, "SOS. Same ole stuff."

It rarely works that way. Something new, something unexpected pops up
on most days. That is why we were given this verses!

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled;
set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.

1 Peter 1:13

In my prayer time this morning I asked the Lord to clean me up, to reveal any
areas in my life which needed tweaking or an all out overhaul. He impressed upon my heart to look past the ordinary, the SOS, today in class and look deeply into the hearts of each of my students. To see more than their academic needs, but their emotional and spiritual needs as well.
Thinking of the dental tool which scrapes away plaque, I asked God to scrape away anything which might cause my heart to harden and not be attuned to Him.

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;to be made new in the attitude of your minds;and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
Ephesians 4:22-24

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you.

Ezekial 36:26

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
the old has gone, the new has come!

2 Corinthians 5:17

The same ole stuff my face us today, but if we are watching where
God is at work we may get a chance to be part of a new thing!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?