Subject to Change

6AM train track construction
6:30 AM the bulldozers and front end loaders are at work.
7AM pancakes with Papa 
7:30 Pumpkin Pose
8AM Morning Devotions

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart 
be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.  Psalm 19:14

October 16
Yesterday, the plan was for me was to travel to Charlottesville, VA with a friend in celebration of her 60th birthday.  We were going to peruse the ground of UVA, take in some art galleries and maybe even Monticello, but the plans were changed a bit as my daughter in law surprised me by driving from VA Beach with two of our grandchildren and meeting us for lunch.  My girlfriend was gracious about shifting gears a bit and enjoying the day with these youngsters. She told me of trip plans she has this weekend coming up with three other couples to go to the Outer Banks. On the information sheet, she requested the group leader add..."Plans are subject to change."

That is a good way to face each day, realizing we occasionally have to change tracks and set on another course.  The plan devotional wise had been to begin sharing from a study on Jonah I have embarked upon, but by 6AM I was up building train tracks.  "Oh, Lord, there may not be time to be alone with you today," I whispered. Then I realized I would just switch to a devotional on a 3 year old's level.  Grabbing two children's books, we looked at question number one in 99 Questions God Answers for Kids.
"The Bible promises that God loves me.  What should that mean to me?"
"If God had a refrigerator in heaven, your picture would be on it!  And that fact should make you feel very good about the person you are and the person you can become.  God's love for you is bigger and more wonderful than you can imagine."

The other book had us sing "Rock My Soul". He loved the beat, but I am just waiting for him to ask me what a bosom is.

Shifting gears and being subject to change is not always a bad thing.  I am content today to remember...
God is love!



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?