Yet, The Harvester

A harvest of grapes at the home of my dear Gladys who raised me.
October 12
Brandon Heath, a friend of our daughter's, has a song out titled The Harvester. Hearing it for the first time this week, I seem to constantly be drawn back to the lyric
Those who don't know you or just don't know yet.


The little word yet keeps staring at me.  Have I given up praying for some situations thinking they will never come?  What I need is to shift gears again and say, "Lord, I'm back with this specific request that hasn't been answered YET."
Heading to Merriam Webster here are some alternative phrases for yet.
Up to now
So far
At this time
Up to the present

Let's take each of these phrases and ask God to stir our hearts toward individuals, who have not been harvested yet!
Up to now, Father, ________has not come to know you personally.
So far, God, __________has not been willing to go to church with me and worship you.
At this time, Lord, ________still sees no need for You or himself as sinful.
Up to the present, Jesus, ________'s heart is still full of bitterness and unforgiveness, please help them to surrender their hurts to you and trust again.
I know You are not finished YET Lord.

Watch Brandon's video, then put your knees to the ground and painful as it may be, sing to the Lord in what may be a weary sound. Ask him for strength and the ability to be a harvester for the kingdom and see the needs of those who don't know Him yet!

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=0JEF11NU&utm_source=GodTube%20Today&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10/09/2012
Lyrics
Up with the dawn and the rooster crow Been that way since I don't know 
Throw a little water on my face Get out the door and greet the day 
 
Put my knees down on the ground  Sing to the Lord in a weary sound 
Ask Him for the strength I need  Break my heart like a weed 


Chorus
For all that we've grown  How could we forget 
Those who don't know Or just don't know yet 
Let's harvest this field From sunrise to sunset 
The Master is coming We are not done yet We are not done yet Yet 



Bring out the sickle Bring out the pail 
Bushel full of wire And a fork to the bale 
Work through the pain in the rain or shine C'mon y'all we still got time 
We still got time 

The turning of the season  Is upon us, my friends 
Now's the time All that was sown Is there for the reaping 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?