Be Strong

Chuckled at this group moving in with their essentials in their backpacks.
They are a strong and courageous group.

Kathy Lee Gifford and Rabbi Jason Sobel put together a video study called The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi.  It is so insightful to study about Jesus from the perspective of a Messianic Jew. Each of the videos takes you to a different location related to the life of Christ.  In Chapter 8 of the book, you glance at the occurrences in the Judean desert when Satan is tempting Jesus. Gifford references have the desert is a metaphor for the dark times of our lives and how James1:2-4 tells us we WILL have trials, but these times of hardship and trials can work together to strengthen us.

I do believe the past couple months have afforded the opportunity for families to strengthen their relationships, but continually being together also can put a strain on a family unit and leave an open door for temptation. Jesus responded to Satan's temptations each time by stating..."It is written"...for He knew that God's Word is the way to fight the devil.

In The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi Gifford mentions three ways we can respond to temptation.
"Get behind me, Satan!"  (Matthew 16:23)
"I am more than a conqueror because of Jesus Christ who loves me." (Paraphrase of Romans 8:37)
"I am a child of God, I am the offspring of the King, and therefore I am an heir to His kingdom!
 And just like Jesus, I still have work to do."

Today's Coloring Page Promise of God
"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?