Get Together with Jesus




Last Saturday was going to be date day!  A whole, uninterrupted day with my husband!!!! 
I awakened early, but before we headed out for a walk I said, "Let's go at 7:00 that will give me a few minutes with Jesus. Wait, we better say 7:15. Once I start chatting with Jesus, it's hard to stop the conversation." I think it was 8AM before we got out the door. Date day turned into chore day, but we did it together!

This Saturday was supposed to be inflatable day. It would take hours with the air compressor to pump up water trampolines, floats, tubes, etc. but our lake is severely flooded. Most of those water toys/joys are underwater.  The dock clean ups will take days and can't begin until the waters recede.  So, like Noah, we wait. As we chip away at the recovery process, we can "get together with Jesus" while we are out there working! He makes every chore better.

"If you will do that with your life, if you will get up every morning and say to yourself, 
'I want to know God, and I want to bring Him glory,' then you will find the happiness that has eluded you. You will find the satisfaction you have always wanted by having your priorities in order."  Romans 14:17

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?