Gain Wisdom

 

My friends and I are laughing that we have become the older women at most gatherings.

These girls were with us on a trip


Gain wisdom!

How much better to get wisdom than gold, to get insight rather than silver! Proverbs 16:16

Do you have an older person in your life who loves the Lord deeply and is willing to invest in your life by sharing wisdom?   Some of my favs who spoke truth over me are now with the Lord.  Oh how I thank God for them. One wise woman will celebrate her 99th birthday next month. I lived two doors from her my entire childhood. She always had time for the neighborhood children. My stroke and now COVID  have robbed our ability to have tea and visit.

Another women who walks closely to the Lord, came into my life later. She moved out of state several years ago to be near her children. We were chatting about life recently by email and this is the nugget of truth she left me with referencing her need to move away from the lake.

"Each season has its challenges and blessings…His timing is perfectly perfect."

A similar ring to my quote "Life is a lot, a lot of heartache and a lot of joy."

Standing in the church lobby I was pouring some wisdom into one of my favorite young women who had just had her 16 birthday. As she talked about the trials of being a teen, I shared that I would go back to the days of our children being home in a heart beat. (Now that is back to raising kids in the 80's before cell phones and social media.) Just about that time a family walked out of Sunday school pick up with three children and one was literally kicking and screaming!  Yes, there are trials and joys in every season, so we trust in the Lord's timing and the pruning He does in us at every age.

Tell the older women to behave as those who love the Lord should. They must not gossip about others or be slaves of wine. They must teach what is proper, so the younger women will be loving wives and mothers. Each of the younger women must be sensible and kind, as well as a good homemaker, who puts her own husband first. Then no one can say insulting things about God’s message. Titus 2:3-5

The Song "Unfinished" by Mandissa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejycllx5iwA

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?