Power Outage

 


These down in the yard will be dealt with later.

Virginia got socked hard with a snow storm January 3rd that extended Christmas break a whole week for many school children, but unfortunately it left many families without power for 4-5 days. Coming home from work Monday night our road was blocked by downed trees. My husband had leave his car and walk the rest of the way to get his chain saw and a head lamp.  

Our daughter, who has three boys, lost power for about 20 hours. She then opened her home to a friend, her husband and their four sons who ended up without power Monday-Friday.  These two mamas made some sweet memories doing life together that week!

Fortunately, with temperatures in the teens, we only went half a day without power that week. It's always interesting to me how when this happens we forget so quickly all the daily activities that require power.  Going in a closet to check the breaker box, I attempted to turn on the inside closet light. Looking at my phone's low battery I went to put it in the charger, forgetting there was no power. 

In a similar way we face temptation in life forgetting we have the power to resist through the Holy Spirit. Tempted to be discontent, to gossip, to lie, to grumble, or to look at someone with lustful eyes?  Call on the power of Holy Spirit.

Praise God, while we may experience electrical power outages, God never runs out of the power! He is the  God who moves mountains and wants us to trust in His power. He extends the opportunity for that power to work within us. Given free will, it is our choice to plug into the super charged Holy Spirit. 

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think. according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen Ephesians 3:20-21

Song #1 "The God Who Moves Mountains"  by Corey Voss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3xsn6db2iI

God makes me chuckle. The particular morning our power went out I opened a scripture journaling program I am working through for the month of January.  The verse was perfect. Psalm 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?"  

Got Jesus? Got Light! Stay plugged into God's Word!

Song #2  "Light of the World" by Bebo Norman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMDoyMsE2fc






Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?