God is There



The tragedy in Texas is beyond our comprehension. 

A friend texted Tuesday evening saying "Oh how my heart aches tonight...how horrible that our country has fallen so far that 'it's just another shooting'. The human heart is broken without God as the under pinning.  Precious little children lost...how my heart aches."

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.          2 Chronicles 7:14 

Heart wrenching. Tuesday morning before this travesty, I was thanking God for angels who are encamped around us. As I envisioned the multitudes in hospitals, nursing homes, homeless and battered women's shelters, abusive homes, those who are anxious and lonely, those held captive through addictions, and the one right beside me; it was a picture of winged warrior angels spread across our nation. They are actually surrounding the universe, all the heavens, right now.

I realized I had not pictured all the angels at schools, but they are certainly there. There were angels with each victim.  My prayer is for comfort and peace from the Lord for all the families of victims, for surviving children and staff traumatized at that school, as well as the medical teams and police enforcement personnel who viewed this horrific act and aftermath.

Today's Jesus Calling has Sarah Young writing from the perspective of Jesus "I created a beautifully ordered world; one that reflects My perfection. Now, however, the world is under the bondage of sin and evil. Every person on the planet faces gaping jaws of uncertainly.  The only antidote to this poisonous threat is drawing close to Me.  In My Presence you can face uncertainty with perfect Peace."

I am the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Revelation 22:13

I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have perfect peace and confidence.  In the world you will have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer, take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted!  For I have overcome the world.  I have deprived it of over to harm you ad have conquered it for you.  John 16:22

Thinking back on so many horrific horrors that have enveloped the earth ever since The Fall, natural and man made, I was just thinking of the screams that encompass such events. The Egyptians as the Red Sea closed in on them, Jews being pulled from their homes, bombs falling from the sky in Ukraine, the towers crumbling and plane crashing on 911, and this classroom in Texas. 

THERE ARE NO SCREAMS in heaven! Only rejoicing and worship and praise!  Hallelujah.

The Song

"I Know You're There" Casting Crowns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98nG3xH02wo

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?