Underneath

This family punch bowl takes a lot of polishing inside, out and under. It can hold a lot of love though!
 

I was doing some deep cleaning... polishing silver, cleaning small appliances and the insides of drawers...you know the things you let slide on a weekly basis. Our white fruit compote gets a regular wiping out when fruit goes in and out, but on this particular day I took it to the sink and when I flipped it over the underneath side was grimy.

Here comes the thought...there are lots of things/thoughts underneath our skin, hidden deep in our hearts, that are slimy and grimy. Maybe you've never had an unkind thought, but I have! Just yesterday, a conversation with someone triggered the remembrance of a wrong done against my husband and I had "who does things like that" thoughts wanting to come out of my mouth and before they did I said, "Just take it Lord!"

Our hearts need to go through a regular "deep cleaning" process.   This is my newest bathroom mirror memory verse:

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalm 51:10

Weeding stirs up the same emotions. May we all be diligent to pull out the thoughts that are not of God.

Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don't ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise.

Philippians 4:8

The Song "Create in Me a Clean Heart" by Maranatha Singers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fVliokreqE



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?