Grumblers


No grumbling from me as I meet our newest granddaughter for the first time.


" Grumbling is the hum of the fallen human heart."  Scott Hubbard

Ugh, that quote popped up on the big screen at church and penetrated my heart.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24


If we were playing Family Feud and the question was "What is the number one grumbling phrase in the family?  I think the answer would be "How much longer?" from the mouths of children in a car.  We weren't even in the car yet and one of the children asked me that question recently.


Moses had to tolerate and then cry out to God on behalf of the grumbling Israelites. Being saved in the Red Sea didn't heal the issue of their grumbling hearts.


Hubbard states, "Grumbling does not spout forth from us because of a problem out there, but because of a problem in here."


Moses challenged the Israelites with this question..."Who are we? You're not grumbling against us, but against the Lord."  Exodus 16:8


Hmm. Do we ever grumble about the weather?  Who selects the weather?


"Every decision to grumble is a decision not to pray, not to pour out our hearts before God, not to draw near to his powerful throne of grace. Likewise, every decision to pray is a decision not to grumble."  Scott Hubbard


Paul found himself in numerous situations that could afford grumbling to arise, but he left us these words.


Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.  Philippians 2:14-15

Sitting on the dock with our daughter recently I was listing off the physical ailments of her five brothers and how most of them were receiving PT of some sort. She reply, "Well, it's not chemo."  That was a good grumbling check.  

I'm not grumbling here, LOL, but am needed elsewhere, so I will continue tomorrow on how God is working on my heart that tends to grumble.

The Song

"Fill My Cup" Andrews Rip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD7uEs1Nytc




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?