Love Birds

 

For the past several years these mourning doves have made a return to our deck.

They make me so happy the way they stick together, yet they never linger here at Shiloh for very long.  We must be an early spring rest stop on their route somewhere else.

A newly widowed friend stopped by recently to bestow a pair of her husband's barely worn shoes upon my husband. They were a perfect fit! This couple had been together 65 years. My heart ached as I hugged her and the tears dripped down her cheeks.

It was mowing day and the sound of our tractor stopped. Probably twenty minutes passed and my husband had not come inside.  I called throughout the house and got no reply. I ran out to the deck side of our house and hollered getting no reply. My heart sank as I frantically made my way to the other side.  It's incredible how quickly panic can set in.  My cry went out and the reply came back..."I'm in the garage changing a brake light on my truck."  I don't want to every have to endure a day without my love bird.

Do I love God that deeply. Am I desperate to be with Him? Do I cry out, "Are you here Lord?"

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.  Deuteronomy 6:5
The Song
"For the Love of God"   Andrews Ripp

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?