You Changed My Name

 

These precious praying sisters brighten my Sunday mornings and increase my faith. Thanks to their mama for allowing me to post this photo.

Years ago I had a friend who after 5 years of calling her daughter by her first name, decided to change and have people call her by her middle name.  It took me a long time to adjust to that.

Likewise, people who were not in my inner circle growing up, close enough to know my nickname, probably still struggle to call me "Boo." I attended college in the town next to where my oldest brother and his family lived. My niece and nephew came to visit the first day on campus.  My nieces and nephews had never known me by any name other than "Boo" so that is what they were calling me.

My roommate loved it and that was who I became forever more.  My husband and I started dating in those college years. So when on campus or with my family he never heard any other name used, so began introducing me as "Boo" wherever we went.

I hold another name, we all do, bestowed upon us at the time we accept Christ as our Savior.  The name is "Sinner saved by grace" and there is freedom and love within that name!

Lyric in today's song.

You changed my name from too far gone, to saved by grace."

Whew, Hallelujah for the many changes made in us by Jesus.

The Song

“You changed my name” Matthew West


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrSh2xtZHdQ

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?