No Robbing our Joy

 
Perfect Peace

I've shared before about a young woman in Auburn, AL whom I've prayed for for years. She has Ocular melanoma, a very serious eye cancer. She has gone through many drug trials to battle this mostly fatal disease.  If you want to be encouraged follow her on Facebook-Ashley McCrary.

Check out part of her last post while she was in Philadelphia for her 108th trip for medical treatment.

"Shortly after this beautiful moment of rest, I reached down to get my phone only to find it was not in my purse. I had put it down in the coffee shop's bathroom which was a few feet from where I was sitting. When I went back in to the coffee shop  it was gone. We checked with the baristas and the park's security office. It would have been so easy for someone to turn it in, but instead it was gone. We did all the things you should do when a phone is lost or stolen... called it, pinged it, tried looking it up on "find my phone" but to no avail. I believe I would have been anxious about this but after the time of rest and reflection I found myself not anxious at all. Rebekah, (friend traveling with me) is alway steady and rarely gets "ruffled." She and I went to a Verizon store and found out I had insurance on my phone. We filed a claim and my phone was on my front porch when I got home yesterday. I barely had time to miss it. 

We talked about how ALL we have is God's and how there is a reason for everything. We discussed the person who took the phone and she told me of a story her pastor shared after he was robbed one time. He said he was grateful he wasn't the one who felt the need to rob someone and I thought about that a lot. It led me to pray for the person who took my phone, that God would meet their need and they would find Him in the midst of their darkness. I was reminded of Psalm 37:7 that says "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!" Rebekah helped me have this perspective and our trip was one of the most peaceful I have had. Just delightful."

The Song

Don’t Let the Devil Steal Your Joy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNaWqu9u6bk 


Devil Can’t Steal My Joy-Carry Burruss


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArVYvM2yq5g





Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?