Satisfied

This little one has found great satisfaction feeding popcorn to fish.
 

I was working through a study on joy and read a story about thirst.  It talked about how the ocean is full of many good things but it was not created to satisfy our thirst.  We have a tendency to go after the wrong things in this world to find refreshment and satisfy our longings.

God created thirst physically and spiritually. We have access to refreshing waters and access to Him.  He wants us to find Him and allow him to satisfy our souls.

On a recent morning my husband joined me as I went to a wellness center to partake of the therapy pool in hopes of helping my knee issues and strengthening my body. The fellowship that God provided was crazy. A man walked up to share he'd been attending Bible Study at one of our campuses, then two other people came up to take part in the conversation. While waiting for me to dry my hair, my husband sat in the lobby where a church member came up and sat down to engage in a conversation.  Next we headed to breakfast and met two knew friends working in that restaurant. One young lady recognized my husband by his voice which she hears online on Sunday mornings!                            

While at the therapy pool I had shared about a gentleman I had met there the week before and prayed over for healing in his back.  When we sat down at our table I looked across the room and that man was sitting alone in the restaurant. We asked him to join us. He has now asked to come to church!

We stopped by the bank and as I was entering we saw a man who had been a chef at a club we belonged to years ago.  He made a beeline for my husband in the car and needed encouragement. 

It was 9:30AM when we headed home and I said, "It has been a very good day!"           

When we water others Jesus fills up our cup with delightful satisfaction.

Real life...we came home and slept for two hours!  

Check out these verses from Isaiah 55

“Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? 

Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food.  Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David...

Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near;
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Satisfaction also comes in the pouring out of refreshment upon others. 


The Song

"Satisfied" Chris Tomlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF7bb_gR8ZA


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?