Just the Stinky Parts



January 30
An online commercial popped up relating to the problem of dry skin during the cold winter months.  I have no recall of what the product was…just the recommendation…"In winter, when showering, just soap up the stinky parts and refrain from using soap on the rest of your body."

My shower time is my "clean me up Jesus" time.  It's a time to ask him to point out any areas where I'm deceiving myself and wash me white as snow.  Some places in our heart may not stink yet, but they are on the road to becoming rather foul.

As Isaiah warned Israel while in a rebellious state, we too need to be holy.
Wash and make yourselves clean.
Take your evil deeds out of my sight, stop doing wrong.
Learn to do right, seek justice.  Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.
"Come now, let us settle the matter." says the Lord.
"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow."
Isaiah 1:16-18

Lord, you know all of our ways. Please intercede and set us on the right path, before we begin to stink.
In Jesus' name, Amen!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?