Momentary Afflictions

December 18
Ok, so I haven't been totally honest this week because I didn't want to stir up concern or be drug back to the ER.  Tuesday afternoon I started having some left upper arm pain that would come and go.  It didn't register with me, but that evening when my daughter saw me grab the arm, she said, "Mom, do you think you need to go to the ER. That's a heart attack sign.  Stroke, gallstones, why not heart attack?"  My response was that I really wasn't up for another ER visit. She said, "Oh, you'd rather die?" That's an affirmative!  Jesus Calling that day even said, "Your longing for heaven is good!"

Four of my power hitters began praying for me, I'm staying in contact with my favorite nurse and taking my blood pressure!  Wednesday, my neurologist here in Nashville gave me a cardiologist referral, but I really felt the prayers for healing have been working.  The pain is pretty constant now, which would lean more to a muscular problem.
Awakening just now in the middle of the night, I pulled up Jesus Calling for today.  It made me smile and was a whisper from Jesus that he and the Father are totally aware of what's happening! So, I'm rejoicing and giving thanks.

Jesus Calling, December 18
"When you are plagued by a persistent problem-one that goes on and on-view it as a rich opportunity.  An ongoing problem is like a tutor who is always by your side.  the learning possibilities are limited only by your willingness to be teachable.  In faith, thank Me for your problem. Ask Me to open your eyes and your heart to all that I am accomplishing through this difficulty.  Once you have become grateful for a problem, it loses its power to drag you down. On the contrary, your thankful attitude will lift you up into heavenly places with Me.  From this perspective, your difficulty can be seen as a slight, temporary distress that is producing for you a transcendent Glory never to cease!"

Now that's an excellent, shout hallelujah,  game plan!  I can already see that without this physical pain, I would be overdoing here in the Music City and stressing my brain.  This pain has made me slow down and rest, which my brain definitely needs.  I'm is still good to go for about 3 hours, then my brain screams "rest me!"

Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them.  Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way; walk in it."   Isaiah 30:20-21

"For our light, momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory (beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!).  2 Corinthians 4:17


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?