To Be...Remembering Who You Say I Am


We missed out on this fun trip to Arizona.

November 24-25

Lauren Daigle's voice is a favorite of mine.   Her lyrics in "You Say" have really spoken to my heart.
The other day I told my husband, sometimes I feel like I'm not doing anything worthwhile.  I have friends running major companies, some working 12 hour days, others volunteering multiple days a week at local charities or training for marathons!

I said, "I feel like all I do is write devotionals, baby sit, answer emails, listen and pray."

He said, "Stop listening to the devil."

Sarah Young wrote in Jesus Calling
"When you are around other people, you tend to cater to their expectations-real or imagined.  You feel enslaved to pleasing them, and your awareness of My Presence grows dim.  Your efforts to win their approval eventually exhaust you.  You offer these people dry crumbs rather than the living water of My Spirit flowing through you.  This is not My way for you!  Stay in touch with Me, even during your busiest moments. Let My Spirit give you words of grace as you live in the Light of My Peace."

"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from him."
 John 7:38

I must remember I am a child of the King, loved by Him and created for His purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIaT8Jl2zpI

Thankful Thought:
Thank God that He loves us and created us with a specific purpose.  We are never out of the reach of His love.

Here are the lyrics to Lauren's song.
I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?
Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know (ooh oh)
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe, oh I believe  What You say of me  I believe
The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me
In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity, (ooh oh)
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
And You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe, oh I believe, What You say of me, Oh, I believe
Taking all I have and now I'm laying it at Your feet
You have every failure God and You'll have every victory.





Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?