Expectations

September 28-29

Some girl friends and I were talking about how "expectations are you appointment with disappointment." I confessed to times when I'd had a rough day and thought..."Maybe my husband will walk in with a bouquet of flowers."  When it doesn't happen a bubble is burst.  I've also set myself up for disappointment thinking I will be included in something (where I would have included certain people in like situations) and the call never came.

Interestingly, I came home after a long day and began to work on a Bible Study about "God's glory" and there were these words: "Often we see God's glory best against the contrast of life's dry seasons...God's glory discovers us where we are. Moses illustrates this point well. Shepherding was beneath Moses' education and economic EXPECTATIONS.   He was reared as a royal, but for 40 years this prince chased sheep.  Moses accepted this situation and served where he was, then God's glory showed up.  My sister, be faithful even in the desert seasons because that's where God's glory often appears."


So now Israel, what do you think God expects from you?  Just this:  Live in his presence in holy reverence, follow the road he sets out for you, love him, serve God, your God, with everything you have in you, obey the commandments and regulations of God that I'm commanding you today-live a good life.  Deuteronomy 10:12-13

I'm in a dry place as my sweet father is struggling with his health. I sat with my siblings yesterday as we were certain he was about to take his last breath. On my way to the city where he lives I was sure I heard the Lord say..."You will see my glory."  I am earnestly watching as I pray for my father's comfort and peace.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?