The Sad News

My man leading the way to the fiery furnace.
September 5
Here's an inside look at the continuation of my laser surgery experience.  I failed to mention yesterday that I was quite nervous making this journey alone, because of all the unknowns.  All I knew was the nurse had told me it would be very painful, but only take 10 minutes.  Then in 1-3 days I should feel better.
Numerous friends had offered to go with me, but because the location was halfway to the home of a couple of our grandchildren, I couldn't stand to be that close and not go on to VA Beach and get some hugs.  Thus, it was most convenient to make the trip alone.  The plan was to book a hotel room in which to recover that evening.  At 6AM the day of the procedure I arose ready for the journey, my husband came into the bedroom to say I needed to love him and be submissive. "Affirmative," I replied, as I waited to hear what he wanted from me. He explained, that he was going to drive to Richmond in a separate car and be with me for the procedure.   THANK YOU JESUS!  The tears poured down my cheeks.  What a comfort it was to have him at the end of the surgical chair squeezing my feet as I endure what I now call..."The fiery furnace experience."

I just love this story in Daniel chapter 3


19 Then Nebuchadnezzar was furious with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, and his attitude toward them changed. He ordered the furnace heated seven times hotter than usual 20 and commanded some of the strongest soldiers in his army to tie up Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and throw them into the blazing furnace. 21 So these men, wearing their robes, trousers, turbans and other clothes, were bound and thrown into the blazing furnace. 22 The king’s command was so urgent and the furnace so hot that the flames of the fire killed the soldiers who took up Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, 23 and these three men, firmly tied, fell into the blazing furnace. 24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar leaped to his feet in amazement and asked his advisers, “Weren’t there three men that we tied up and threw into the fire?”They replied, “Certainly, Your Majesty.”
25 He said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.”
26 Nebuchadnezzar then approached the opening of the blazing furnace and shouted, “Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, servants of the Most High God, come out! Come here!”
So Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego came out of the fire, 27 and the satraps, prefects, governors and royal advisers(AD) crowded around them. They saw that the fire had not harmed their bodies, nor was a hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them.

The nurse explained to me there would be two lasers used on the incision area. She said it would feel like bee stings.  An accurate description of the first process.  2-3 minutes of continual bee stings.  Then the surgeon says, "Ok, now you are going to feel some heat!"  Not an accurate description.  He should have said, "Hold on as I apply this blow torch to your forehead!"  I'm sure Jesus was in there with me and I have come out on the other side today.  Hastily, I exited that office yesterday, thankful to have my husband holding me up and I believe "Holy Moly" was what I said as the office door closed behind me.  We took an elevator down to a lobby where I sat beside a walled waterfall. The nurse said usually they give out ice packs, but they were out of them.  I contemplated sticking my head in that waterfall!

Here's the sad part of the story.  I was so nervous before hand, and in so much pain afterwards, I missed the opportunity to be Jesus to all the people in the waiting room.  Five people sat there with faces cut open awaiting to hear if all their cancer had been removed. The devil distracted me and I know I missed opportunities for the Lord.   I did give out two gifts. One to the business manager and one to a nurse.  Oh, how I hope in some way, God uses those little jesters.  Yesterday, was not all about Jesus, it was all about me.  :-(

Mark well that God doesn't miss a move you make; he's aware of every step you take. The shadow of your sin will overtake you; you'll find yourself stumbling all over yourself in the dark. Proverbs 5:21-22 The Message

But praise God, Jesus is all about forgiveness of sins and God's mercies are new every morning.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?