The Coin


September 1
Here's a great visual add.  We've been walking through a deep pit of a problem with some close friends, which has involved false accusations resulting in government investigations and a possible court room appearance.  I could go off with a string of adjectives to describe the instigator, but I will take every thought captive.  Hanging out with my girlfriend recently, she walked up to our living room coffee table and smacked this nickel down "tails" (ooh, what a lead in to say something unkind related to people being tails) side up.
She said, "This side represents government, power and greed."
Then she flipped the coin over to the "heads side" and said, "I just keep the coin turned this way to remind me to seek the face of God and trust Him to reveal truth!"
Praise the Lord he is doing just that.

Walking and praying for these friends one day this week, I started to lose it and go into panic mode telling God what HE MUST DO.  I looked to my left and there was a large white rock.  Knowing my heart and the twit I was getting into, the words came to my mind..."Boo, remember I am their Rock and their REDEEMER.  I will restore to them all that has been lost."

The following day I allowed anger to ignite me into a flurry of fluster. Gently, the Spirit reminded me...God is RIGHTEOUS and he doesn't need your help for this resolution.


Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer.
Psalm 4:1

Bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure-
you, the righteous God who probes minds and hearts.
Psalm 7:9

God is a righteous judge...
Psalm 7:11

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?