Make My Joy Complete


March 26
Six of the eight grands arrived at Shiloh yesterday as the temperatures topped out around 75 degrees.  Shoes came off and feet joyfully splashed along the shoreline. Please pray for the two children who weren't able to fly in.  One took a fall backwards out of a chair at school and has a concussion; the other one has a fever.

Just before dinner the adult children banished me to my bedroom for a little quiet time.  After about 2 minutes the grands joined me..sans the quiet. Pulling out books, crayons and coloring books, quiet play with one another ensued. Laying on the bed, with my husband beside me, watching the exchanges going on between these cousins, I told my man, "I could die happy right here in this setting!"  My joy was complete.

Scripture recall came into play as I thought of the phrase: my joy is complete.  This passage  below from Philippians 2 makes my heart sing! For a parent, seeing your children and grandchildren love one another is a rare, priceless gift.

I found myself reflecting on the discord which Judas wove at the Last Supper and in the Garden of Gethsemane.  Like mindedness had flown the coop. He had succumbed to Satan's lures and temptations, thus fulfilling the prophecy of Christ's betrayal.

"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.  Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves." Philippians 2:1-3 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1