Serene Security

March 10

Jesus makes me smile. Security was the word of the morning on my
mind. I opened a devotional to read and there was the confirmation
that this was to be the topic for today....Joshua 1:9

Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor dismayed,
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.


Works for me!
The mere presence of my husband makes me feel safe wherever I am.
Now leave me alone even in my own home and doors are locked and I
am under the covers by 7:30, locked in my bedroom.

The truth of the matter is we cannot escape the watchful eye of God.

Where can I flee from Your presence
? Psalm 139:7

There is a song with the lyric "Things ain't like they used to be."

Partly true. Oh, how we long for the good ole days, but one thing
never changes...God is on his throne making decisions on HIS own!
Decisions which are designed to bring Him glory and bring us a
hope and a future in the heavenly realm.

When we were going over our budget Sunday trying to find ways to
save, we came to the monthly expenditure of our monitored alarm
system. My first thought was cut it out, but then my husband
explained that would make our home insurance go up, so it was an
even wash to keep it. When we are feeling insecure we should
never cut the Word of God out of our lives. Feeding on the Word
is part of the process which leads to a serene security in life!

Let's batten down the hatches in a time of prayer...oh wait, here
comes a hymn...sing with me!
Christ the Solid Rock
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus' Name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

Lord, we know we are secure in Your loving arms. You are the mightiest
of security systems in the universe! You have secret codes that can
defy the trickiest of intruders in our lives. May our eyes be ever
watchful on Your leading, for the path You set us upon will always
be the way to safety in Your arms. Thank You for your precious care
Father, we love you and are humbled by the thought that You first loved
us. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?