A Welcoming with Love


October 20
Arriving at our son and daughter in law's new home was euphoric!  To think that our next to youngest child built this home caused the tears to cascade down my cheeks as I entered their foyer.  Then when our daughter in law took us into our bedroom the feeling of being loved poured all over us.  It is one of my very favorite colors, the bed donned in linens to rival any 5 star hotel, personalized accessories to speak right to my heart (even a framed photo of my parents) and fresh flowers to boot!  But the next morning, the unfamiliar set in again and after my shower I stood in front of a beautiful new sink for probably 10 minutes before finally asking for help.

Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

Taking a time out to nap, around 10AM,  I greeted the Lord.  It was as if He said, "Well, good morning to you, I wondered if you were ever going to speak."  Reflecting on my morning, I called upon everyone else in the house to help me through the day, but not the Lord.  I opened Jesus Calling and read it my husband.

"Go gently through this day, keeping your eyes on Me.  I will open up the way before you, as you take steps of trust along your path.  Sometimes the way before you appears to be blocked.  If you focus on the obstacle or search for a way around it, you will probably go off course.  Instead, focus on Me, the Shepherd who is leading you along your life-journey.  Before you know it, the "obstacle" will be behind you and you will hardly know how you passed through it."

"The path of the righteous is level; O upright One, you make the way of the righteous smooth."
Isaiah 26:7

Thank you Jesus.

Next I opened Paul David Tripp's devotional, New Morning Mercies, and read:
"Don't give way to discouragement, feelings of futility, or waves of fear,  because the Father has graciously chosen to give you the kingdom...Your King rules over everything that would discourage or disappoint you, and he rules for you good and his glory.  What is out of your control is under his rule.  What you don't understand is under his careful administration."

"Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."
Luke 12:32

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?