Hymns for Him

October 29
Walking in the house after work yesterday I was
drawn to the piano. I tend to tinkle with those
ivories when I am either elated or distraught;
subconsciously, (because by faith I am joyful
always) I believe I was distraught over this election.
Come Tuesday, I feel we are in a no win situation as a
nation and I pray the body of Christ is prepared to act
as what we are called to be.
Back to the piano...I had a long list of "to do's" but
it just seemed right to sing to the Lord. My daughter
gave me The Christian Life Hymnal a couple years
ago. Randomly flipping it open, the pages fell
upon Onward Christian Soldiers. The title of that
section in the hymnal is Loyalty and Courage.
Wait, it gets better!
Kind of in shock that God knew where my heart was
at that moment, better than I did myself, I challenged
Him to another flip. I was blown away for I didn't even
realize this hymnal had a section called National Hymns
and there before me was America the Beautiful. As I
began to sing the tears formed with heart break for what
we have become as a nation. Turning back one page and
singing My Country, 'Tis of Thee and the lyric "Land where
my fathers died, land of the pilgrims pride, I thought of those
two particular groups and our pledge to be One Nation Under
God. The song on the adjoining page was not familiar to me,
but the lyrics sent a chill down my spine.
Once to every man and nation comes the moment to decide,
in the strife of truth with falsehood for the good or evil side;
some great cause, some great decision, of f'ring each the bloom
or blight, and the choice goes by forever twixt that darkness
and the light.
Then to side with truth is noble, when we share here wretched
crust, ere her cause bring fame and profit, and tis prosp'rous to
be just; then it is the brave man chooses while the coward stands
aside, till the multitude make virtue of the faith they had denied.
Though the cause of evil prosper, yet the truth alone is strong;
though her portion be the scaffold, and upon the throne be
wrong, yet that scaffold sways the future, and behind the dim
unknown, standeth God, within the shadow, keeping watch
above His own.
Not wanting to leave the presence of the Lord, which I was
obviously in I took one final flip...the section was entitled
Hope and Assurance; the hymns...How Firm A Foundation
and on the other page another unfamiliar one but a WOWer...
God Will Take Care of You.
The first verse:
Be not dismayed whate're betide. God will take care of you;
beneath His wings of love abide, God will take care of you.

I've decided to type up all these lyrics and this Sunday morning
we will have a time of praise and prayer here at our home
following the Sunday Celebration service we are holding at 9:15.
Whether we are Democrats or Republicans we need to join hands
and pray that we might remain One Nation Under God!
Please email me at boojoyful@aol.com if you would like to join us.
I need God to provide a piano player for that morning as well.

With much love and genuine concern that those we love know
where they are headed, not only as a nation, but as one loved
and desired by God!

Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace Jerusalem....
and for our United States as well.



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?